Monday 4 April 2016

Mini Wrestlemania review

Okay, I am not going to a full ‪#‎Wrestlemania‬ review. Plenty of people out there who will likely do that. Just a few points I want to make:
1. The show was very front loaded for me. Started great and continued great, loads of 'surprises' and all that jazz. However the show really lost its shine the closer to the 'main event' it got.
2. The WOMEN'S (Burn in hell diva's title...) championship match was great. I saw one tiny botch when Sasha went for the sunset flip out of the corner but all three women recovered quickly and it really didn't take anything away from the match. Great psychology, good story telling and sensible well timed high spots.
3. AJ Styles versus Chris Jericho. Overall it was a good match but some parts seemed clustered to me. Don't understand why Jericho went over at the moment but perhaps the story is not over yet.
4. Zack Ryder winning the IC title in a (excuse my Scottish) "belter" of a ladder match is my moment of the night and honestly the reason I ended up staying awake to watch the whole show. I had originally planed to give up a few matches in and catch the rest in the morning. Woo Woo Woo. You know it.
5. Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold! enough said. Oh! Apart from the New day's entrance..... yes.
6. Shane 'O' Mac versus Undertaker was as weird as I feared. Taker was over selling fairly weak offence that almost feels disrespectful to the efforts of past Wrestlemania opponents.By the same token Shane undersold too many 'big' moves.
That said Shane hit all the dangerous bumps we expected and it was a great effort from both men.They told a good story within the match and Taker showing Shane respect for not giving up at the end was a nice touch.
However the result of match better not be the end of this story. I doubt many people would appreciate this build up and hope of changing the monotony of Raw was simply exploited for a one time Mania selling headline...
7. I fell asleep during the main event. I was awoken by the sound of booing after the finish....

No comments:

Post a Comment