Monday 18 April 2016

The future...

I am quickly approaching the end of my university course (for the second time in my life) and I have been diligently searching for jobs, graduate or otherwise. I have to say I am not brimming with confidence. Jobs are just as few and far between as they were when I first gave up hope and went back to study again. I fear I will now be even more over qualified for normal jobs and too old/ under experienced for higher level work.

My under-graduate degree ended up being a noose around my neck. Myself and the vast, vast amount of my peers made zero inroads into our industry and ended up with afore mentioned over qualified/ under experienced issue.

I have a sense of dread that I have simply repeated the same mistake...

On a related note I genuinely love creating videos and updating all of my social media and keeping in touch with you guys and in an ideal world I could put food on my table doing that but in reality very few people manage this.

Don't get me wrong. I don't do this for money. I do it because it's my passion and my hobby and I will continue making content for as long as that remains true. I guess I'm just having panic about 'real jobs' and the future and felt the need to vent about it...

Normal service to resume shortly.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally understand this feeling Gary, it can be crippling to your self esteem too but somethings going to have to change at the top level before it gets any better for us at the bottom I think.

    ReplyDelete